Insights · December 22nd, 2022
In December 2022 Nikolas Badminton joined the MA of Luxury Brand Management from Goldsmiths (University of London) to take a look at luxury and the signals that are indicating change within the luxury industry globally
Nikolas looks at the changes in the 1980s and 1990s that shifted community thinking and cohesion towards a world where luxury culture is pervasive and where wealth inequality, UNHWI enclaves and new ways to invest dominate the global landscape.
This future ion luxury keynote discusses a number of areas:
- Futures exploration and the power of shifting mindsets from what is to what if…
- How the 80s and 90s cultural rave scenes disrupted how society mixed and considered luxury and freedom
- Growth and the effect of global dynamics on the global Ultra High Net Worth Individual (UHNWI) population
- The influence of luxury good and the luxury (and scarce normal) goods resale market
- The spirtual resiliency needed to shift how luxury protects our planet vs. consuming it
- Bunker strategies and the calling of B=MAP – – – BEHAVIOUR (B) happens when MOTIVATION (M), ABILITY (A), and a PROMPT (P) come together at the same moment
Nikolas Badminton is the Chief Futurist at futurist.com. He’s a world-renowned futurist speaker, consultant, author, media producer, and executive advisor that has spoken to, and worked with, over 300 of the world’s most impactful organizations and governments. He helps shape the visions that shape impactful organizations, trillion-dollar companies, progressive governments, and 200+ billion dollar investment funds.
You can preorder ‘Facing Our Futures’ at Amazon, Bloomsbury, Barnes and Noble and other fine purveyors of books. We’s also love it if you considered pre-ordering from your local, independent book store as well.