Insights · November 30th, 2011
Tongue in cheek, Allegis Group Services recently posted the top 10 reasons that HR and other professionals in companies should avoid social media. Read the whole piece, but here are the 10 reasons…
1. You’re a Global Company That Does Not Want to Maintain a Uniform, Worldwide Corporate Culture.
2. You Want to Ensure That Leadership Has no Casual Interaction With Staff to Preserve an Unblemished (& Uncomfortable) Hierarchy.
3. You are Strongly Opposed to Employer Branding.
4. You Want to Ignore the Fact That Your Employees & Clients Are Already Talking About You on Social Media.
5. You Are Actively Trying to Attract Talent That is Social Media Un-Savvy.
6. HR Reps Don’t Have the Time to Research Candidates.
7. You Don’t Care to Learn About Other Emerging Technologies That Can Help You Streamline Your Business and Save You Time and Money.
8. Your Corporate Culture Strictly Prohibits Recruiters From Using Social Media.
9. You Have no Time to Develop a Content Marketing Strategy.
10. Search Engine Optimization is for the Birds.
If you visit the Allegis site, you will find explanations for each reason, and some useful examples.