Insights · May 23rd, 2023
We are proud to announce that Nikolas Badminton’s book Facing Our Futures: How Foresight, Futures Design and Strategy Creates Prosperity and Growth has been selected for 2023 J.P. Morgan Summer Reading List, and featured as the ‘Next Gen Pick’ to inform the next generation of thinkers that lead us into our futures.
“We wanted the ‘Next Gen Pick’ to encompass emerging ideas and themes that will drive the future. Whether you’re a technology entrepreneur, environmental activist, creative artist, or the next generation of a family enterprise, the title we selected outlines how you can identify the role you have to play in preparing for what the future holds.”
Derby Chukwudi, Associate Investment Strategist at J.P. Morgan Private Bank
Read the full press release here.
About J.P. Morgan’s 24th Annual Summer Reading List
J.P. Morgan today launched its 24th annual Summer Reading List, a collection of books selected to spark curiosity, inspire new perspectives and unlock potential for the future. With new titles by creative luminaries, admired industry leaders and forward-thinking entrepreneurs, the books invite readers worldwide on a journey from the canopy of the Amazon to the ranches of Wyoming, to the boardrooms of Hong Kong and beyond.
“Books have fired our imaginations for centuries. As we enter an era marked by rapid technological advancement, our list illuminates ideas to fuel progress, from how to lead more inclusively to how to harness the latest developments in artificial intelligence,”
Darin Oduyoye, Chief Communications Officer of J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management.
To curate the list, J.P. Morgan Client Advisors worldwide submitted hundreds of non-fiction titles. That list was then culled and reviewed based on timeliness, quality and appeal to the firm’s global client base.
A summer tradition for over two decades, the 2023 J.P. Morgan Summer Reading List introduces a future-inspired read, selected by and for the next generation. To select the “Next Gen Pick”, a sub-committee of Associate and Vice President-level J.P. Morgan Client Advisors representing North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific and Europe met to review and select one title to engage and inspire early-career clients and colleagues.
That title selected for “Next Gen Pick” was Nikolas Badminton’s Facing Our Futures: How Foresight, Futures Design and Strategy Creates Prosperity and Growth.
J.P. Morgan’s 2023 Summer Reading List Lineup
- Good Power: Leading Positive Change in Our Lives, Work, and World by Ginni Rometty
- Money Machine: A Trailblazing American Venture in China by Weijian Shan
- Reflections of a Vintner: Stories and Seasonal Wisdom from a Lifetime in Napa Valley by Tor Kenward
- Think Like a Horse: Lessons in Life, Leadership, and Empathy from an Unconventional Cowboy by Grant Golliher
- Radically Human: How New Technology Is Transforming Business and Shaping Our Future by Paul R. Daugherty and H. James Wilson
- The Women of Rothschild: The Untold Story of the World’s Most Famous Dynasty by Natalie Livingstone
- The Tree Book: The Stories, Science, and History of Trees by DK
- Abstract Expressionists: The Women by Ellen G. Landau
- A Library by Nikki Giovanni
- Amazing Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders Who Inspire Us All by Maia Shibutani, Alex Shibutani and Dane Liu
- Smart Brevity: The Power of Saying More with Less by Jim VandeHei, Mike Allen and Roy Schwartz
And, their ‘Next Gen Pick’
- Facing Our Futures: How Foresight, Futures Design and Strategy Creates Prosperity and Growth by Nikolas Badminton
About Facing Our Futures: How Foresight, Futures Design and Strategy Creates Prosperity and Growth
‘Nikolas Badminton cracks the code on the leadership model for the future in this must-read masterpiece.’
Josh Linkner, five-time tech entrepreneur, New York Times bestselling author, venture capital investor
Businesses, organizations and society-at-large are all subject to unforeseeable events and incidents that often have a dramatic impact upon prosperity and profit. Due to their unpredictable nature, business leaders and executive teams are unable to prepare for these specific events. But, through innovation, strategizing and an open-minded approach, they can restructure their organization and practices in order to mitigate (or even take advantage of) the impact of such events.
About Nikolas Badminton
Nikolas Badminton is the Chief Futurist at futurist.com. He’s a world-renowned futurist speaker, consultant, author, media producer, and executive advisor that has spoken to, and worked with, over 300 of the world’s most impactful organizations and governments.
He helps shape the visions that shape impactful organizations, trillion-dollar companies, progressive governments, and 200+ billion dollar investment funds.Grab a copy of Nikolas #1 best selling book ‘Facing Our Futures’ at Amazon, Bloomsbury, Barnes and Noble and other fine purveyors of books. We’d also love it if you considered ordering from your local, independent book store.